- September 15, 2022
Having a Biblical Worldview
- by: Charis Brown
- February 7, 2024
“For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.” -Hebrews 4:12
According to research, the majority of Americans consider themselves Christians. (Seventy-six to eighty percent, respectively.) But, very few of us have a biblical worldview.
What is a biblical worldview? By and large, it means that our beliefs align with that of the Bible. Barna.org defines a biblical worldview as the following:
- Believe that absolute moral truth exists
- That the source of moral truth is the Bible
- That the Bible is accurate in all of the principles it teaches
- That eternal spiritual salvation cannot be earned
- That Jesus lived a sinless life on earth
- That every person has a responsibility to share their religious beliefs with others
- That Satan is a living force, not just a symbol of evil
- And finally, that God is the all-knowing, all-powerful maker of the universe who still rules that creation today
According to Barna.org, just five percent of us have a biblical worldview. Why is it important to have a biblical worldview? When we believe with all our heart the truth about Jesus, and we are aware of the enemy’s plan to steal our destiny, we are much better equipped to fulfill the call God has placed on our lives. There are wonderful depths to God that we may never know, but believing these truths sets us up to live out a passionate faith, versus a lukewarm religion.
Why not seek God at a deeper level today?
Source: http://www.barna.org/barna-update/article/5-barna-update/174-most-adults-feel-accepted-by-god-but-lack-a-biblical-worldview?q=biblical+worldviewSubscribe Now